Sunday, January 8, 2012

Upon Arriving





January 6-7, 2012-  We took a bus from Saint Francis University to D.C. to board an AIRBUS A380 (which happens to be the biggest plane in the world!  It was a double-decker.).  On our 6 hours flight to Paris, I watched several movies (including Jane Eyre and the Lion King), and we were served a meal consisting of couscous and smoked salmon, pasta, bread, and coffee.  Breakfast came along, and they served us a muffin, yogurt,  and hot chocolate.  Upon arrival in Paris, we had a little time to go through customs and find our gate, and then we jumped on our plane for Toulouse.  We were served croissants, which is what I was expecting and hoping for!  We ascended above the heavy blanket of clouds, and were greeted with a beautiful sunrise.  I had fun conversing (or attempting to converse) with the lady I sat next to.  I have much to learn.  By this time, it is 9am, and I haven't slept since 4am the following night/morning on the 6th (minus a couple of interrupted naps).  We landed and met Tim, Eric, and one of our professors to take a bus the rest of the way to Ambialet.  In Toulouse, which is a happenin' college town, I saw a row team practicing in a channel, bikers along the sidewalk, a rugby stadium, plenty of BMWs and AUDIs, houses with clay and stone shingles, and beautiful farmlands.  After turning and curving through the winding streets leading to Ambialet, we see the moutain/cliff with our new home at its peak... which leads me into my next post.

1 comment:

  1. I remember the long plane rides to France 2 years ago and the food! I didn't like our breakfast though. It was some sort of cheese block but it had to taste to it it was not very appeasing. Miss you girl! Sounds like you're already having fun!!

    ReplyDelete