Monday, January 9, 2012

J'aime Voyager!

 9 January- Today was our first day of class in Albi!  We took a bus, and then we explored our university's campus town.  Albi is beautiful!  We had lunch at the university, and we were introduced to our French professors.  We took a placement quiz... written and verbal... It's safe to say most of us have a lot to learn.  However, I am very excited!  We played a game to get familiar with common phrases (hence the title of this blog).  Later, we had dessert at Dr. Jerry Hornigblum's home just down the road from the university.  Once we got back, I couldn't let the rest of the beautiful sunshine go to waste, so I went for a delightful run.  It gave me an avenue of exploration of my new home.  Before the sun set, I ran back to get my camera, and the dogs joined me in climbing out to a perfect backdrop to a peaceful setting. 
 I love all the shutters!!
 Cathedral de Albi.


 Perfect evening to run!
 What I woke up to this morning.
 Post run up on a cliff.
Shaq

8 January- On Sunday, We grouped up to explore and search out specific sites around Ambialet.  There were some steep, rocky slopes and turns on cliffs as well as bridges and dams to cross.  After taking our sweet time getting to each destination (due to an obsession with my camera), we stopped at Nadine's cafe for some cider and hot chocolate.  Yesterday's post is the product of this adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment