Saturday, January 14, 2012

A Day in Cordes & Albi

Please forgive me for my lack of discernment... I just can't say no to uploading a picture that I like. Thus, there are millions.  Today, was full of excitement!  I woke up early to bake some apple tarts for a birthday girl.  After lunch, we took the bus to Cordes.  It's a town that was added on to every century for five centuries.  It started at the top of a mountain, and each new century meant a new fortifying wall at a slightly lower level.  When the weather is just right, when it's summitted, you can see over the clouds.  It happened to be an absolutely beautiful day, today!  There is so much history there, and it is breathtaking.  I'll let you see for yourselves:
 This took incredible zoom from inside the bus as we were approaching the city.

 I'm in love with this picture^ (The one below it, too)!







 More shutters!

Beautiful Cordes!
While in Cordes, we stopped in an antique shop, and since antiquing is one of my favorite hobbies, I took advantage of the picture taking moments.

 
 Favorite! Love the bicycles!
 Antique radios and clock.
 After leaving Cordes, we went back into Albi to watch my very first rugby game.  It was frigid! but the game was a lot of fun! It is definitely a contact sport!
Once we got back to the monastery, we got the feeling in our toes back, and we heated up dinner.  To finish off the day, we got to celebrate a birthday with some tasty apple tarts:)

What a lovely day in France!  Not too shabby for my first weekend abroad.
Bon nuit!

No comments:

Post a Comment