Friday, March 30, 2012

Shooting Stars


Today, I had such a great day!  This whole week has had the most beautiful weather!  We even started working in the garden this week! I am much more productive on rainy days in terms of school work, because I think it was ground in me that if the sun is shining, I'm not allowed in doors!  After class today, we had lunch at Nadine's in the sunshine.  Then, we had some time to study and relax, we got our piano at the monastery, and then it was off to dinner at Gerry's.  Some had gone ahead and helped prepare the meal.  We had lamb, spinach salad with delicious tomatoes, pasta, spiced carrots, and cheese and bread (of course!) with a little red wine.  After our meal, we presented Gerry with a notebook of thank you notes from each of us to show our gratitude for investing so much in us.  He really did provide us with rich experiences, and we owe it to him for helping our adventures here in France.  Gerry also graced us with his piano playing and singing only to be followed up by the rest of the group displaying their individual talents. Gerry and Olga's son, Daniel is such a sweetie, and he even sang Frére Jacques for us which was one of the cutest things I'd ever heard!
If that weren't enough for a delightful evening, we topped it off by star gazing out on the teres back at the monastery.  I saw four shooting stars!  I was so inspired that I finished out the night watching October Skies.  It was such a lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment